Let your smile shine
At Meadowbank Dental, we recognise the strain that 2020 has placed on a lot of our patients. It has been a challenging year for us all, but we must remember to smile. Doing so has been clinically proven to have an uplifting effect on our mood and general wellbeing.
However, we also recognise that a portion of people out there often find smiling to be a struggle as they are embarrassed or unhappy with having visibly misaligned teeth.
Many people do not seek any orthodontic help, because they are unaware of what options are available. Many believe that they must wear fused metal braces to achieve a straighter smile – which often deters teenagers and young adults.
Seeking Invisalign Edinburgh from us here at Meadowbank Dental provides those who have misaligned teeth with a solution that can comfortably and discreetly realign their smile.
Undergoing Invisalign Edinburgh is so discreet that it often goes completely unnoticed, making it a desirable treatment for teenagers or young professionals aiming to achieve a straight smile.
What is Invisalign?
The Invisalign method is a new cosmetic orthodontic treatment that has been designed to be as minimally invasive as possible. Unlike traditional orthodontics, the Invisalign system does not need to be attached to the patient’s teeth in any way.
Instead, the orthodontic alignment is achieved through pressure points, which are within a custom-made orthodontic retainer. Each retainer is made from a mould of the patient’s teeth and is constructed from thin transparent plastic.
Since its advent in 2001, the Invisalign system has become one of the most popular forms of cosmetic orthodontics globally. Below are some of the main appeals of the Invisalign retainer system.
- Comfort – As nothing needs to be bonded to any part of the patient’s teeth, the Invisalign method is typically far more comfortable and less invasive than traditional orthodontic methods.
- Convenience – Because the Invisalign system consists entirely of a removable plastic retainer, patients can choose to take out their retainer whenever they choose to periodically. This gives patients freedom that very few other orthodontic treatments offer.
- Confidence – As each Invisalign retainer is custom-fitted to cover the patient’s teeth entirely, and as it is transparent, it practically slips out of sight completely. This gives the patients confidence to wear their retainer daily without attracting any unwanted scrutiny.
How do I get Invisalign?
If you feel that your smile could benefit from the discreet orthodontic help of Invisalign in Edinburgh, then the first step would be to speak to one of our experts here at Meadowbank and arrange a consultation.
Typically, following a consultation, the treatment process for getting Invisalign goes as laid out below.
- A practitioner will thoroughly examine your teeth for any potential risks – such as gum disease – which may prevent the Invisalign process from being effective.
- An impression of your teeth will then be taken, along with photographs of your tooth structure and shape – from which an engineer will create your retainer.
- Your custom made Invisalign retainer is then created around two weeks later. After crafting, patients can begin their Invisalign treatment by wearing their retainer for around 22-24 hours a day for the best results.
At Meadowbank Dental, we also allow our patients to see a digital rendering of how their smiles will look after they have completed their Invisalign treatment – which often gives them the confidence they need to commit to the treatment process.